How do I get the backspace and forward delete keys to work correctly?
- In the Keyboard section of the Terminal Inspector:
- Turn on the Delete key sends backspace option.
- Map the forward delete key to the following string:
- Add the following line to your .profile:Since ˆH is a non-printable control character, the easiest way to do this is to execute the following command:
stty erase ˆHType the ˆH by pressing Control-V and Control-H.
echo -e "stty erase ˆH" >> ~/.profile
- Add the following line to your .inputrc:
- Apply changes by doing a
source ~/.profileand a
bind -f ~/.inputrc.
Very helpful! I found this information on this website. Thanks, desp!